Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Back on land or is it back in hell.

We have returned to land for a few weeks and already we sense this is wrong. Gun shots fired off last night as I awoke to the first shot. I hear police cars screaming around in the distance with sirens blaring and assume they are heading for the shooter but the sounds fade. I process mentally, how near me are the fresh gunshots? Do I try to go back to sleep? The neighbors dog decides that it wants to bark freely. I began to wonder if the dog is barking at the shooter and somehow in all this mess I fall back asleep. No sooner do I close my eyes that I am awaken by a city construction crew a little before 07:00. In fact as I write this I am marinated in various loud noises and vibrations that literally shake my windows. I can't believe this, a city crew is digging up my street to instal new pipes on the only days I am back on land. Is this a sign that we need to return to our ocean based home? Have I became sensitive to this loud city life full of violence? We need to get bak to the boat.

Early morning construction

No comments:

Post a Comment