Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rise of the jellyfish

I am amazed at the sight of jelly fish today as I walk the docks. Its as if I were walking in a dream because I've never witnessed first-hand so many jellyfish.

One can defiantly make out two types of jellies, a very distinctively larger species ( basketball sized ) being yellowish color with tentacles outreaching far beyond its circular body, and the other type being very clear, a lot smaller ( baseball sized ) and appears to have no tentacles. I considered counting them but quickly realized that there must be tens-of-thousands. They literally surround all the boats in every direction as far as I can see. My mind begins to wonder if they see me, if they anticipate me failing in so they can swam in like wild piranha offering death by a thousand stings! Paranoia aside its kind of spooky yet kind of beautify to see so many little creatures in our neighborhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment