Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New kids on the dock.

This Norman Rockwell painting sort of sums it up!

We are the new kids in the neighborhood and its just as you would expect with people wanting to see who you are and what your up to. Some are incredibly nice as they offer warm greetings and friendly advice. Others will talk for half a day if you allow it. One feller in particular was very knowledgable and we talked for over an hour right there in the rain in front of Harbinger. It was very different from land life and I am convinced we made a good decision to liveaboard. I do have to mention that mother nature loves to keep things in a sort of harmonic balance, and with that said we have defiantly meet the asses of humanity. These people are a small group that seem to be short on time and won't even acknowledge that you have said hello or even accept a compliment. They seem to carry issues from childhood right up to adulthood that keeps turning my smile into a frown. It must be true that a butterfly's wings could start a hurricane across an ocean, cause there issues are bearing down on my buzz. Yet our paths have crossed and I can only feel sorry for these scruffy hearted mules, that pack around the weight of societies hate and will keep smiling and complementing them every time I am in there presence.

One of the biggest problems I am having is keeping track of all the names. I never meet so many people in such a short amount of time as an adult! I tell my wife I just meet so and so, and she says oh I have meet them too, what was there names? I have lived on the boat now for a few weeks and have meet more people than the entire 12 years that I have lived on land. It's as if I am living in another country and its peaceful.

Some liveaboards have cats, dogs and all seem to know each other. They look out for each other too and in a good way, no negative gossip that I have heard. They leave things behind at the secure gates for others to use before its thrown away like used life jackets that kids have out grown, or books about sailing as a few examples. I am hooked - no pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment