Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

The first week as a liveaboard

The first official week of living on board our Westsail is over!
Flat screen mounted
This week expired quite rapidly. It started out with a good look at the damaged systems on board and getting that long list of repairs going. I'm currently redoing all the electrical wiring and upgraded the battery's in an attempt to be as efficient as we can. Our massive solar panel needs to be installed and mounted but where, I do not know.

We had skeptical visitors for a few days and quite honestly it was not all that bad. I judged there disposition of us living on a sailboat by how long they stayed aboard. Four to five hours per visit without television, using an organic head, was a good indicator to me that they enjoyed the boat lifestyle. All in all they probably think I'm nuts for trading the American dream for a Wet dream but who am I to argue, I may be nuts. 

The debacle of unpacking too much stuff continues. If you decide to downsize to live on a small boat, take my advice and downsize 10 times more than you imagined. We still have bags and bags of clothes to sort and rid our lives of. 

In between all the running and repairing Ill catch a glimpse of nature and immediately I'm reminded to slowdown. Life aboard so far has been very nice but not without strain, our head overfilled two times, no running water yet (parts on order) and the cat is still nervous. The ocean smells and birds singing quickly remove any issues of negativity. We look forward to week two! 

Fat cat in the pilot birth.


No comments:

Post a Comment